Cybernetica uses model-based techniques and intelligent data processing to deliver operator support and advanced process control solutions (APC) to our customers in the metallurgical industry.
- Few and often indirect measurements
- Extreme temperatures and aggressive environments
- Inhomogeneous raw materials
Our services for the metallurgical industry
- Model predictive control based on first principles models
- Online models and applications for soft sensing
- Training simulators
- Thermal imaging – advanced image processing
We have long experience in working with a variety of metallurgical challenges, including:
- Aluminium electrolysis
- Electric Arc Furnace
- Submerged Arc Furnaces
- Oxygen refining converters
- Ladle refining
- Metal extrusion
Our main work with process metallurgy and related industries is in the areas:
- Solar grade silicon
- Stainless and carbon steel
NMPC and digital solutions for metallurgical processes
Cybernetica’s flexible digital technology can be used to develop a wide variety of applications based on the specific plant needs. We have extensive experience working with custom process models and our offline tools provide the testing capabilities needed to tune models for special circumstances.
Model-based optimisation solutions
Typical objectives of our model-based optimisation applications for metallurgy include:
- Monitoring/early warning of disturbances and drift in process operation
- Process quality
- Optimisation of process inputs
- Raw material additions
- Process set points (e.g. fans, heat exchangers)
- Compliance with product quality and operation constraints
Cybernetica InSight is a flexible framework for thermal imaging that supports custom image processing algorithms. By combining thermal imaging with advanced image processing algorithms, we provide new measurements of both temperature and geometry.
Read more about the possibilities with Cybernetica InSight.